Teething sucks. It’s so frustrating and can be painful too for little ones. And parents also get frustrated because ofcourse we want our little ones to feel better! My 4th baby is my most irritated teether compared to my other three so I’ve been using essential oils to help him through teething. Here’s my teething blend that I use for him ~ hope it gives your little one some relief as well!
Teething Blend for BabiesWhen I had a boutique, I made this blend for customers as well as for my own teething baby. Because essential oils should be highly diluted when using with young babies, this blend is going to be slightly less than 1% dilution.
- 1 drop of Clove Bud Essential Oil
- 2 drop of Roman Chamomile Essential Oil (Lavender is also good)
- 1 ounce of Organic Olive Oil (about 2 tablespoons)
- In a 1 oz ounce dark color glass bottle (important - don't use plastic as it will leach into your blend), drop in 1 drop of Clove Bud essential oil and 2 drops of Roman Chamomile essential oil.
- Then gently pour in (I like to use a small stainless steel funnel) organic olive oil.
- Cap your bottle and shake, then store in a cabinet for 24 - 48 hours for the oils to infuse.
- To use: put a small amount on your clean fingers and rub gently on baby's jawline. This blend can also be used on the bottom of feet.