“Fragrance speaks the loudest on a subliminal level.” ― Marian Bendeth
Oh how I love making aromatherapy mists. And it’s not just because they are so ridiculously easy to make either! I just love that I can create the mood, feel and scent in my environment quite easily with an aromatherapy mist.
Currently I have three aromatherapy mists that I’m using these days. One is a Clear the Air (I like putting my own names to my mists so I can quickly know why it was made), Lora’s Lavender and Lemon Be Bright. Each of these I use for different purchases ~ for example Clear the Air I keep in the car since the van seems to be such an easy place for the kids to break into arguments with each other. So, let’s clear the air ~ spray, spray, spray! Lora’s Lavender was created for my daughter who requested her own aromatherapy mist to keep. And Lemon Be Bright is my current personal aromatherapy mist that I use at the moment when working as lemon helps to keep one focused on the task at hand.
How to Make Aromatherapy Mists
To make an aromatherapy mist you simply need distilled water in a mist/spray glass bottle and your choice of essential oils. For me I use a 2 oz bottle and add somewhere between 15-30 drops. Follow your nose! If 10 drops smells lovely to you, then stop there. If you need want to add more, then add more drops. See? It’s so easy!
Here’s a list of essential oils to consider for your mist.
- Lavender (Lavandula Angustifolia) ~ calming, relaxing, helps bring you to state of meditation, spiritual and enhances harmony
- Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis) ~ clears negative thoughts and renews positive energies, purifies, stimulates and helps with concentration
- Geranium (Pelargonium graveolens) ~ mothering, balancing, enhances imagination and creativity
- Juniper Berry (Juniperus communis) ~ purifies, detoxes, invigorating, warming and tonic
- Roman Chamomile (Chamaemelum nobile) ~ sedative, calming, peaceful and relaxing
Need help with a customized aromatherapy mists from our selection of essential oils? Contact me via email (or come and visit me at the store) and I’ll be happy to help you create one. I’m also available for Aromatherapy/Herbalist Consultations and will work with you to create an integrative wellness plan.