Birth Story Medicine ~ $60
Emotional and Spiritual Healing After Birth Saturday, January 28, 2017 – 2-4:30
Please contact Brandy directly at email@example.com to register.
Do you wish your baby’s birth had gone differently? Is shame, remorse, anger, grief, blame or sadness casting a shadow over the memory of your birth or the arrival of your next baby?
Please join us for an intimate, healing workshop with the intention to help you see your birth through a new lens with compassion and non-judgement, as well as a chance to connect and share support with other women who are walking similar paths. New mothers and not-so-new mothers are both welcome. This is a workshop for moms without their babies, so they may focus solely on nurturing themselves.
Your baby’s birth is also your birth as a mother and when your entrance into this new world of motherhood does not happen how you envisioned it would, it can leave you with a mix of conflicting emotions that seep into the nooks and crannies of your new life as a mother. This workshop offers you a much-deserved sacred space and sisterhood in which to breathe some new life into your story and emerge as a birth warrior
Class limit is six people to allow adequate time, space and personal attention for everyone. Please RSVP as soon as possible to ensure your spot.
You may find solace in this workshop if you are:
- Feeling shame, anger, grief, blame or sadness when you think about your birth.
- Trying not to think about what happened and avoiding the topic in conversation.
- Feeling resentment when you hear positive birth stories.
- Mentally going through your birth story, looking for where you went “wrong” and beating yourself up for what you should’ve done differently.
- Wondering where you fit in with your community and other like-minded mamas.
- Unsure of how to make sense of what you’re feeling.
- Feeling like you should be able to move forward, but can’t.
- Determined to prevent it from happening again
About the teacherBrandy Ferner is a certified Birthing From Within childbirth mentor, doula and advisor within the organization. She has directly trained with Pam England (author of Birthing From Within) and offers childbirth classes and consultation across Orange County. She is also a blogger for the Huffington Post and a mother of two children who came into the world in two completely different ways. Brandy brings fresh insight and awareness to her workshops and facilitates a supportive space that encourages healing.