The Beco Gemini is much loved at Granola Babies!
The Beco Gemini can can be used from 7 lbs to 35 lbs ~ the average child is 35 lbs at 3 years old. Small babies can be carried upright (best position for a small baby) and facing you right from birth. And since the Beco Gemini fabric is made of cotton, baby is nestled and cuddled safely between you and the baby carrier. Later on you also have the option of carrying baby in three other positions - back carry, hip carry and also facing out.
One feature we adore about the Beco Gemini is it's patented design that allows the base of the baby carrier to be made narrower for legs out with a small baby. We've known lots of babies that want to be carried with their legs out and with most soft structured carriers they are not able to until around 4-5 months since the base of the baby carriers are too wide for baby. With the Beco Gemini, you can carry your baby from even a couple of weeks old in this position (if you're baby prefers his little legs out) because the base can be made narrower to accommodate your baby. Then, as your baby grows, you can make the base wider again. It's brilliant!
The straps are crossed at the back, which provide more support but for those that prefer backpack style straps, you can also do this with the Beco Gemini with an easy adjustment to the straps.
At Granola Babies, we try many baby carriers on many many parents and the Beco Gemini receives the highest praises - that's why it's our most popular baby carrier! And it also happens to be Giselle's, the owner of Granola Babies, favorite soft structured carrier.
Why we love the Beco Gemini
- The Beco Gemini is an all-in-one baby carrier that allows you to carry your baby comfortably in the front, hip or back.
- The waist of the Gemini is padded, as are the straps, but not so much that they feel bulky.
- The straps can be worn crossed on your back or you can also wear them back pack style.
- Because of it's unique design, you are able to make the bottom of the body narrower easily through snaps.
- Front facing out is an option and unlike mass produced baby front packs, your baby will be in an ergonomically correct position while worn front facing out in a Beco Gemini.
- The body size works for an infant and through toddlerhood.
- There's a headrest that is can be folded up or down. If used with a baby, it provides excellent head support. With a toddler, it elongates the body and therefore makes the body tall enough for a toddler.
- It's super comfortable with a new baby, as it is with a toddler.
Beco Gemini Measurements
- Body: 11"wide by 14.5 tall (if headrest is folded down, 19" if not folded"
- Shoulder Straps: 23" (can be adjusted up to 22" longer for a total of 45")
- Waist Belt : 28"(size 0) and can be adjusted up to 57"
- Weight Capacity: 7-35 lbs (3.5-16kg)